So after I gathered my materials, it was time to get started. Amy’s instruction are pretty clear! My first step was cutting out the pattern pieces and tracing them on to the appropriate fabric.
It is pretty straight forward. I stitched those pieces with a 1mm stitch length. You nee to remember the clip your seam allowance in the curves. I goofed up with my first head. When I turned it right side out and started stuffing I pushed through what would be the mouth. My second attempt was better. Good enough really. When sculpting the face, I’ll added a few stitches to make sure. Maybe I could use a tiny touch of glue next time…
The tail was easy too! I like how my stitching came out on the bottom! I used a thicker thread, some Gutermann Jeans thread from my personal stash. The colour looked good and had some of the blue and purple tones I was looking for!
This is what my mermaid looks like so far!
The Next steps in the Mermaid Project: